Ever since Marilyn Monroe famously sang the phrase in the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), no one has doubted that diamonds are a woman’s best friend. But why is this affirmation made? Certainly, jewellery is the most common accessory for women, especially when occasions call for a more sophisticated look. Although other gemstones such as rubies or sapphires are starting to gain ground in the jewellery world, diamonds are still the stones most valued by most people. This is due to their characteristics and advantages, which make the wearer the centre of attention.
Diamonds are a woman’s best friend, but they could also be anyone’s best friend. Whether for display or safekeeping, a diamond has some peculiarities that make it one of the most coveted items in the world. They are luxurious, elegant, uniquely designed, last a lifetime and are an investment, not only in money but also in fashion and style.
What makes diamonds so special?
- Luxury: A diamond is a symbol of luxury and the highest class of people. It can speak for itself about the woman who wears it and is a perfect accessory for the most special celebrations.
- Design: the careful design of diamonds makes them unique and eye-catching pieces. Diamonds cannot be compared to other stones in terms of beauty and brilliance. They are hard and light, but they are also fragile, so you have to choose the occasions on which to show them to the world.
- Elegance: Diamonds bring elegance to any woman. They are stones that never go out of fashion and are eye-catching regardless of their size or shape. Their aesthetic value goes hand in hand with their economic value, thus achieving an exclusive element of great beauty.
- Engagement: a diamond is for life, which is why it is often used as a symbol of commitment between two people. It is common for engagement rings to have a diamond in their composition, which shows the value of this relationship and symbolises purity and eternity.
- Investment: acquiring a diamond is an investment in the future. Diamonds do not lose their value over time, and it is almost impossible for them to be subject to wear and tear. Therefore, in case you want to sell it, you can always recover your investment, or even increase it if it is a very exclusive and desired piece in the world. Of course, it is possible to find diamonds of very different values, depending on their rarity and characteristics. The most expensive diamonds in the world reach millions of dollars for sale, but there are also cheaper ones so that any woman can find her best friend.
If you also want your best friend to be a diamond, don’t hesitate to visit Garen Jewellery – Diamond Rings in Melbourne, the experts in the field. They will advise you to choose the best diamond, evaluating the 4cs: Cut (proportions), Carat (weight), Colour (whiteness), and Clarity (purity). The diamond that makes the perfect match with you is waiting!